Senior Estimator (Medium Sized Contactor)
We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia. Having dominated the New Zealand construction market for over 5 years, Franklin Smith has recently expanded into the Queensland Construction market. Working with over 40 clients with operations in Australia and New Zealand, our business is agile, proactive and ready to add value for clients and candidates both sides of the Tasman.
Our Construction team is now searching for a Senior Estimator with experience in Construction projects up to $30m in value. Our client is a tier 2 builder who specilaise in Education & Aged Care projects throughout Queensland and have done so for just more than 30 years.
The company has an amazing team dynamic and company culture that encourages taking calculated risks being apart of something great and eccouraging each other to push the boundaries within the industry.
Due to continued growth the company are now seeking someone with 6+ years estimating experience either for a commercial contractor or interior fit out company. Ideally the candidate will have experience on Buildsoft or Cubeit.
- Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Implement all of our clients policies including those for SHE and risk management
- Promote our clients values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
- Advise line Manager of improvements / innovation within the company or externally that you become aware of.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar
- 6-8 years experience in a similar position within the Construction Industry
- Commercial Awareness
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal